Banana Oat Pancake with 3 ingredients
Today, I wanted to share with you my go-to recipe for breakfast. It is SO EASY and fast to make and will make a substantial breakfast in no time for baby, but also for the rest of the family!
As a French, breakfast is often “continental”, meaning a piece of bread with some butter and jam, so this recipe is perfect as well for any family looking for something different but still as fast as spread on a toast! And bonus point: nutritionally richer 😉
What’s great about this recipe
- These pancakes are great for Baby- Led Weaning as they are soft and easily picked up by younger babies
- If you are looking to introduce cereals as first foods then oat is a better alternative than iron-fortified baby cereals which are often too sweet and not as nutritionally-rich
- You can make a lot at once and store in your fridge in a tight container for up to 48 hours. Or keep in your freezer for up to a month
- It can be an ideal snack on the go as well!
Ingredients for about 5 small pancakes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats – you can also use quick oats or oat bran which will make a softer texture (or quickly grind oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- Optional – 3 tbsp of milk of choice for consistency
- Optional – 1 scoop of peanut powder from Lil Mixins to promote early introduction to peanuts and normal tolerance later in life
Banana Oat Pancake (starting 6-months)
3 simple steps to make these pancakes in just a few minutes:
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add all of the other ingredients to it before mixing together with a fork.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of the mix (I use an ice cream scoop) and spoon into an heated frying pan lightly greased with oil or butter of your choice.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and repeat with the rest of the mixture to make about 5 pancakes.
*These pancakes can perfectly be served plain but feel free to add spread or maple syrup depending on your baby’s age. It is also perfect with some fruits on the side, in safe age-appropriate size and shape.
*For an egg-free version you can remove the egg but make sure to replace with the 3 tbsp of milk of your choice!